Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A nice way to start the week

Hello hello

Not that much to update on yet. My birthday party went well, Scott and Jo sponsored me for £15, and a nice guy that I met gave a tener towards the event.

I took a Big Issue seller out to breakfast this morning on the way to work, it helped make the start of the week a bit less daunting and gave him something to get through the day on. Some mornings he's by the train station entrance on Market St, other days he's not, but he is such a genuine guy - I did learn from working with homeless people at City Connexions that often I shouldn't believe what they say as every good intention is there, but their willpower to actually carry it through is not - but this man appears very sincere! So we had coffee and scones together at the City Arts Centre :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home