Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

It's June already!

Well doesn't time fly!

I have been doing an online marketing course with 'Working for a Charity' based in London, the course gave me a basic overview of to how market voluntary sector organisations adverts, campaign for change, etc. All very interesting, and it gave me a small bit insight into how to go about this fundraising too.

I haven't really been focusing on it much as there hasn't been a spare second in the day ... but today were letters sent out hot off the press, it's my first attempt at this so not sure what sort of responce I will receive ...

Monday was a good fundraising day, my 'weird friend' pledged £50, and Anne and Elaine from the Council both kindly donated £20 each. I sponsored Anne and her husband Dave as today they set off on a long trip - they are cycling from Land's end to John O'Groats, better them than me, I will stick to my camel! Best of luck to them!

Wooohooo it's nearly the weekend, but once again I won't have it all off as I am helping run one of the water-stands for the Edinburgh marathon ... please may it be a sunny day :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home