Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

3 months and 10 days to go until India!

Festival, festival, festival time in Edinburgh! Walking down the Royal Mile is like being back in the medieval market days ... cobbled street, people everywhere all shouting/singing to get your attention, flame throwers, etc. Walking down that street is like stepping back a few hundred years in time. Well except I'm sure there weren't handing out hundreds of fliers in the old days! I am keeping every single one I am handed so can count them up in the end .. I predict over 300!

Fundraising is going well, as usual I need to feel the pressure before taking real action! The MAKECURRYHISTORY is coming along with lots of friends interested in attending.

The cake sale is happening at Norton Park on 24 August AM so right now I am trying to organise that, 5 people have already volunteered to bake cakes for the day :-) Hard part will be actually selling the produce rather than taking the path of least resistance and just eating it!

I'm writing off to supermarkets to ask if I can spend a few evenings packing bags for customers in return for small donations, yay, I will get to wear my very, very bright blue Mind t-shirt whilst doing this!

I phoned the Indian Embassy today to find out about visas ... Houston we have a problem! I could barely understand what the guy was saying due to the accent! What I did manage to make out was 'Donnnt Warry, you kan applii for et in Octoba'. I guess that's all I really needed to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home