Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Himilayas

Hey from the chilly mountains!

Having a great time, spent 3 nights in Shimla with Laura (english girl from my camel trek) and John (her irish friend). We did a 4hour horse ride to one of the highest peaks, visited temples, wandered about the very colonial city centre etc. The budget hotel where I stayed put me up in the honeymoon suite (by myself .. boohoo), round bed, zebra strip blanket, mirrors everywhere, very surreal!

My friends caught the train back to Delhi today to return to the UK soon. I travelled on to Rishekesh with Rikesh the driver. Indian traffic is not fun, especially when sitting in the front seat, I cant tell you how many times my heart skipped a beat. Worse thing that happened was we hit a cow, the animal of honour! It broke the headlight but mostly injured the driver's pride as its his first accident in 20 years!

Tomorrow I will go to an asbram to meditate then bathe in the Ganges river. Next week I do a 36hr train journey to Goa then Mumbai where I will be meeting up with a few people so will be fun!

India is a mad place, I cant describe it right now as the keys on this keyboard hardly work .... but the country runs on love!
I will post some photos when in Delhi. Missing all of you!

mwah mwah

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shirlz. It sounds fantastic. What an adventure!! Thanks for keeping all of us Plebs so well informed. Have fun and love Asia. Rolf & Hermine

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home