Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Off and away (just about)

My bedroom ... it's looking a bit like a bomb site at the moment!



The travelling is about to start but the 'challenge' is reaching it's final days, time flies when you are having fun!

I'm going down to London on Thursday to spend a few days catching up with friends, looking forward to seeing all of you big-city nutters ;o)
At 4am on Sunday I'll be at Heathrow, thinking of everyone in their warm, snug beds! After a stop-over in Amsterdam and arriving in the warm, exotic city of Delhi .. I'll be thinking of you in the cold, grey UK.
Following that is 10days with my camel, then wherever the wind (well, train) takes me!

Something I find comfort in is the fact that I'm already looking forward to arriving back in Edinburgh! My Scottish life and I are head over heels in love with each other. That doesn't mean I'm not excited about the trip ... every few hours I do a few random jumps on the spot whilst clenching my and jaw and fists yet managing a massive smile - apologies to Naz who lives below!

Most of you will know that my Ipod and I are joined at the hip! You will all know that different songs appeal to you at various stages in your life. Well today a song that I relate to very well is by a Danish rock band called DAD and these are the lyrics,

Yeah, I left my past I hitchhiked away from bad times
Now I try to get used to The freedom to speak what's on my mind
When it turn to tears ... I wonder why -
The dreams were under my pillow
But, there are no answers
Yeah, love is a riddle

Yeah, so many times
When I complain about life
I'm unsatisfied I guess it's not about the car that I drive -
Or the house I can't buy
It's dry tears that I cry I know that all I need is
That it's easy and free
Between you and me

Thank you to everyone for the good-luck wishes, I'll carry them with me in my heart.

I need to start packing now! When possible I will keeping posting on this site.

Be well until then,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home