Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Art of life

Well for most of this year I have put a lot of time and effort into this fundraising and India trip. I'm not sure what I am going to do with myself when I return - well after Christmas and New Years that is.

So, I have something quite exciting planned for next year ... I am going to be an Art Manager! One of my friend's from school is trying extremely hard to make her way in Cape Town and even harder to break into the world of art! Not that I know much about it either (that will change soon) ... I'm sure I can sell off a few paintings for her!

So far Tafadzwa Mukwashi has held three successful exhibitions in Zimbabwe, last one was to help raise money for Childline in 2003. She has made private sales in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Switzerland and Austria. Plus she has won first place in Zimbabwe's National Arts Festival in the paintings and art category.

Please have a look at them http://www.flickr.com/photos/32697644@N00/sets/1282921/ and feel free to email me with comments .. shirleynicklin@hotmail.com

DHL stopped by this morning with 23 of her paintings, some of which will be on display at the Diwali evening tomorrow! I'm so looking forward to it! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home