Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Terrific Tuesday!

Well today is the day at 4pm I will promptly swap my work PC for an apron (via the shops to buy baking tins and all of that). My mother has so wonderfully typed out 10 recipes and emailed them through to me, ahhh I wish you were here Mom! and Alice, and Desiree, and Dad, and Gran and Kevin ...
Well the cake sale is tomorrow morning and everything seems to be sorted, the venue has organised a table etc, a friend is going to help me get the cakes there, more friends will help run the stand, all the ladies from work have kindly agreed to donate something, a massive thank you to you all, and I will see you for a cuppa and a slice on Friday!!!

The Unmissable and Entrancing Indian Summer Souree is happening next week!!! I have managed to convince a lot of my friends to come along, but they don't add up to 100 people, so I have got an events promotion company onboard - The Silver Card, that card is worth its value in gold :o)
Sean the characaturist will be there to do sketches so do come along in your saris and turbans, it will make it more colourful like India truly is!

Tracey, I can not thank you enough for hounding the staff for donations, "can you give money towards this" is not usually the question people want to be asked, but you volunteered to help and I really do appreciate it so much, you're doing a fantastic job!

Florian from Germany, thank you for being as inspirational as you are! Meeting you has been an unforgetable experience. Thanks for the Zutons gig too!

Arnie, my work guru, a big shout out to you for your sponsorship! I'm not flattering you now as this is total honesty - I've never met someone in your field who does their job as Brilliantly as you do!

Polly, perfect Polly (pronoun) .. A wonderful fellow Zimbo living out of Edinburgh! He is working at his parents hotel, and they have very generously donated a night's stay worth the value of £80! Woohoo, that is going to be the main prize in the raffle happening next week. A huge thanks to the Smiths. More details to follow ..

Well, I'm all fundraised and festival'ed out, and it's now time to go to one of my two jobs.

For all of you reading this, thank you for your interest!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home