Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Council goes to pieces .. pieces of cake!


Heyho, we had another cakesale today at my Council offices, which raised £139.09!

Thank you Alexis, Joanne and Kate for bringing in some delicious baked goods, and thanks to everyone else who came down and supported it!
Cheers to Anna for encouraging me to organise this, and for the biscuits. Also to Stephen for repeatedly sending out group emails for me!
Tomorrow is my last official day working with the Council .. and I'm going to miss it :o( alot!
On Monday I start back with The Action Group doing mental health support work for the next two months.

I have the best hairdresser in the entire world and I'm not kidding. Not only does she cut my hair the way I like it, but she also helped inspire me to take on this challenge (as spoken about in my first posting). Now she has so trustingly lent me all the gear from her trek in Vietnam. My budget for the trip just rose a few hundred pounds, and I have everything from a decent sized backpack, sleeping bag, trekking stick, toothpaste to imodium tablets! A big shout out to Helen Dean from HD Hairdressers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home