Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

More cake, then Diwali

Well, tomorrow is the 9th of September and that's the deadline to have £2000 to Mind to ensure my place on the camel trek. So I donated £610 of my own money and will keep fundraising until the very last day, and probably when I return too!

Next Thursday I'm holding the second cakesale of the month at my Council offices and there have been a few kind offers to donate cakes on the day. I shall be bringing out the mixing bowl & wooden spoon to make more carrot cake, seems to be a favourite!!! I approached Bank of Scotland asking if they will matchfund what the sale raises - hopefully they will come back with a positive response!

Cheers to Cuz Craig for the sponsorship pennies. I'm so glad you are well and hope to catch up with you soon!

To Mr 'Allan Shearer' ... Thanks!!! You are a mysterious character!?

Friday evening 4th November

Put it in your diary!

Diwali is the most celebrated of all Indian festivals, it marks a time for a new beginning as we welcome LAKSMI the Goddess of Wealth and enjoy the company of friends with gifts, food and sweets, Lights and candles - The Festival of Lights!


The Festival of Lights Banquet will take place at The Raj Restaurant on the shore and feature over 12 speciality dishes including award-winning dishes from the prestigious international Indian Chef of the Year Competition - Tommy Miah.

£10 per person, 79 people plus yourself to enjoy the evening, fantastic atmosphere and delicious food (already proven!). Contact me to book your places - 078 3210 5653
shirleynicklin@hotmail.com A friend has even promised to get the entire country to light up the sky with fireworks for us the very next night ...

For more about Diwali visit http://www.diwalifestival.org/



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home