Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sand and sunshine galore

I'm in heaven, each morning I wake up early and go for a swim and a walk along the beach, get back and have fresh tropical fruit salad for breakfast, lie on the beach under a thatched unbrella reading, have an afternoon sleep, have some time to myself when watching breath-taking sunsets, fresh seafood for dinner and great social each evening! So far I have sampled tiger prawns, kingfish, redsnapper and shark ... yum!!!

The sea is beautifully warm and there are starfish and sea-shells all over the show! This morning I watched the fishermen haul in their live catch, mainly sardines but it was a great sight.

My room-mate, Baruch, is very sweet. He's planning on staying here longterm so has hired a scooter and enjoys exploring different places each day. Tomorrow we are heading to Anjuna for one of the biggests craft markets .. good Christmas shopping! I have mastered the art of sitting side-saddle on the motorbikes - quite an experience!

The other night we had a carol'ers stop in at our restaurant, the santa break-danced whilst the kids sang 'We wish you a merry Christmas'!

I wish I was telepathic so could you could all hear the sounds of the waves crashing, tasted the indian delights and experience all the brilliant emotions that come with it!

However, I am still looking forward to returning home next week and for CHRISTMAS =)

Cant upload photos at this internet cafe .... next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirl

You sound like you are having an incredible time!! I've sent your link across the seas for people to check out!!

Looking forward to seeing you to hear all about your time away.


TB

5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shirlz, You keep us so well informed. Goa is a unique cultural fusion and we are all very jealous. Have a good time. Rolf & Hermine

9:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home