Shirley's way to fun*raise £2600.00 for Mind the mental health charity!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

42 days to go

Everything is coming together unbelievably well!

On Thursday I went out for lunch with my Council colleagues and they so generously gave me a Boots voucher which will cover the cost of my plasters and other necessary toiletries for the trip. Exactly what I needed!!! Thank you!

I have started spreading the word about the Diwali dinner and quite a number of people have already reserved their seats! Fantastic!

Tomorrow I get my last set of jabs, that's a total of four visits to the Travel Clinic. I should also have my Indian visa by the end of the day. After living in the UK for two and a half years the country has finally decided I am worthy of a current bank account, it's been the most basic of basic accounts up until now! About time!!

My life is so varied, I consider myself extremely blessed! On Friday night I was at a private dining club and bar discussing news from the broadsheets and extravagant dinners with a stylish/sophisticated friend who works in Parliamentary liason and an interesting man who is a qualified vet / enterpreneur / opera singer. On Saturday I was in contact with friends from 8 different countries of the world. I spent today with 5 lovely people who are unable to walk or talk and a colleague who likes saying 'alright hen?', we spoon-fed dinner to the famous five.

Thanks to Mr Fyvie for recommending a superb book to read, 'The Tao of Pooh' by Benjamin Hoff! It's words of wisdom! http://winnie-the-pooh.ru/online/lib/tao.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home